After a brief break we have the return of the Sunday top five, this week we will have live performances. Over the years living in London I was fortunate to see many great shows, and narrowing it down has been difficult – but here is my top five:
- David Gilmour, Royal Festival Hall, London 2002. This was his first solo gig in many years and he just blew us away with his acoustic guitar version of Shine On (the DVD of this concert is great).
- Pink Floyd, Sydney Entertainment Centre, 27th Jan 1988. My first time seeing Floyd and on my 21st Birthday too.
- Neil Finn, Shepherds Bush Empire 2001, joined on stage by Johnny Marr for a few songs
- Neil Young and Pearl Jam, CNE Toronto, 1993. Neil at his electric best.
- Wilco, Astoria, London 2003. My first time seeing Wilco, and was amazed at the power and stamina that Jeff and the boys played with.
I have had to omit some many great theatre performances that I have seen over the years including Ned Beatty in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in London, the original New York cast doing Rent, Donny Osmond doing Joseph in NY, The original London production of Chicago (with Ute Lemper).
So – over to you blogocrats.