Hello and welcome to our beginning of the working week thread.
I thought it would be interesting to start this week in a socially responsible, health conscious way.
And then I changed my mind.
Off your face. What are some of the strangest things you’ve ever done when you’ve been smashed?
I can recall, vaguely, a few things:
1. Doing some “performance art – interpretive dance movements” to a group of buskers doing Elvis Presley songs on King Street, Newtown at about 2.00am. A crowd formed and started cheering me on and throwing coins!
2. Driving through Marrickville (as a passenger) in my friend’s BMW. I was leaning out of the sunroof and ‘blessing’ everyone in “pope mobile” fashion.
3. Waking up underneath a shrub in my front garden after not quite making it to the front steps after a black tie function.
4. Getting up on stage at the Lane Cove Club, grabbing the microphone, while the band was having a break and performing an acapella rendition of “Tiny Bubbles” to a generally unnapreciative audience. Getting back up on stage and doing “interpretive dance’ accompaniement to said same band.
And last but not least:
5. Being asked to leave a karaoke club by the Management due to the volume of complaints by other customers. How humiliating. I think it was my rendition of Brown Sugar, complete with Mick Jagger impersonation that did it.