Growing up I watched a lot of cartoons – a lot. In the hunter we only really had two channels, NBN and ABC, and I seem to remember that most cartoons I watched were on the ABC (but I may be mistaken).
I think we stood restrict this list to your top five cartoons up to when you left school.
My top five:
5. The Chattanooga Cats – incorporating the cats, Around the world in 79 days, It’s the Wolf (with the marvellous Paul Lynde), and my favourite AutoCat and MotorMouse
4. Top Cat - loosely based on Sgt Bilko
3. Banana Splits – not strictly a cartoon but it did have The Arabian Nights and The Three Musketeers in it. And I bet you are now singing “One banana, two bananas…”
2. Roadrunner and Coyote – actually all of the Warner Bros cartoons directed by Chuck Jones, Fitz Freling, Tex Avery, etc. Love them all and still laugh at them. My physics teacher at school (Mr Hazzard – great teacher) used to get us to watch episodes and list the broken rules of physics as homework.
1. Daffy Duck – the undisputed top of the list. Manic. My hero! I have to make an exception to number 2 and give Daffy his own spot.